Sunday 27 September 2009

Juno Opening

The task given was to plan shoot and edit our own version of the opening to the movie Juno. We were to do everything from storyboarding to camerawork. This was great because it really allowed us to make something that was purely ours. We started off being put in groups ours was me, Emma, Christina and Jahmal. We first started by watching the Juno sequence online and doing a storyboard to match the shots taken. This was pretty hard seeing as we hadn’t quite grasped the idea of less detail and more on the angle and position of the shot. The next lesson at Coleridge was when we started the filming. We were first given a quick tutorial on how to use the cameras and the health and safety aspects. After this one person from each of our groups was sent out to scout for a place to film. In my group it was me that was sent out. Finding the location was vital as there was no way we could make the film have the same looking background as in the actual film so only places where the angles would work were the kind of places I looked for. I came back to tell everyone the shots taken then we took a camera and went off. We filmed all the shots until the end of the day. We came to edit the film the next lesson at Coleridge when we were split into pairs within our groups. I was with Jahmal. I play Juno in the opening we made, this wasn’t personal preference but neither of the girls didn’t want to play Juno and I was happy to play the role if no one else wanted to. In the end I found the planning towards making the film the hardest and actual doing and editing it fairly simple. I am pleased with the result we got but I wish I didn’t apply the cartoon effect onto the film as it ruined the quality somewhat. We got the shots we wanted though i especially like the similarity between these two shots.
Finally here's our finished piece with the actual opening

To find out more about the actual film there's a wikipedia page and an imdb page

CYA!


No comments:

Post a Comment